Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Animal Farm

Beeteedubs, tagged this non-spoiler because I fugure everyone pretty much knows how it ends.
One thing that scares me vary much is when things that are not supposed to walk on two legs walks on two legs. I do not know why. I think this is the unconscious logic behind my fear of mascot-like costume thingies. So that scene where all the pigs marched out on two legs was like holyeffingwhat? And I could see it in my head, and it was horrifying.
Animal Farm is a great book. It's fairly easy to read, to the point, and a great simile for the Russian Revolution. I love the last two sentences the most:
"No question now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
I'm thinking of writing my own revolution/dictatorship novel-thingy. (There is a WORD for this; Courtney knows it. I heard her use it last week. I'll have to ask her.)

What would make me really happy right now:
-Winter percussion to not be over
-Big walking mascot costume thingies to not exist
-Some sushi
-More books
-OMG CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS IS OUT SOMEONE BUY IT FOR ME PLEASSSEEE!!!!!!!

Next book: Rebel Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment