Monday, April 25, 2011

Nobody's Prize

WAY TO LIKE TOTALLY PUT OFF READING A SEQUEL MANON.
WAY TO HAVE HAD IT THE WHOLE TIME ANYWAY.
WAY OT PUT OFF POSTING THIS FOR LIKE SIX DAYS.
K. Rant over.
This was the book that made me read Nobody's Princess because a) Greek myths and b)girls crossdressing as boys in different time periods to go on an Adventure! that only dudes are supposed to be on.
Me and my interests.
This is gonna be another dialogue because I can't think of a way to express this otherwise.
Esther: Hello, Manon.
Manon: I have a character named Esther.
Esther: Cool. I do... not have a character named Manon.
Manon: No one does. BUT THEY WILL!!
Esther: Erm, yes. Now what did you want to say to me?
Manon: I congratulate you on actually keeping that book plotiful and not going all romance on me and turning Helen into a whore.
Esther: ...Thank you?
Manon: Welcome. Welcome indeed. So is Herakles gay?
Esther:... a little.
Manon: Are he and Hylas a thing?
Esther: Not really.
Manon: Was he gay in real life?
Esther: He wasn't real in real life.
Manon: Grr! And I was hoping Theseus would come around and make a decent fiance... no such luck. Which vastly improves the quality of your writing. (see Never take my advice regarding romance unless you want your book to become a parody of random crack pairings.
Esther: Duly noted...

What would make me really happy right now:
-More hours in the afternoon
-Sushi
-More books

Next book: How to Ditch your Fairy. Coming at you... tomorrow. Was gonna do it now but I'm being kicked out of the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment